Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Haier bids for Maytag - Poor PR hurts its chances

Unless Haier's PR and communications surrounding its attempted acquisition of Maytag improve dramatically - and quickly - China's business community will get a collective lesson on the value and importance of communications, particularly in a market with a free press. After being interviewed by US media outlets, it's clear to me that a series of missteps and poor communication are not serving Haier well. If I were a leader of the union that represents workers in Maytag's plants, I'd be leaning heavily on Sen. Tom Harkin to oppose this sale.

Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's PC business was not important news in the US. Haier's attempt to purchase a brand as iconic as Maytag, and in America's heartland, however, could become big news. Haier could still use this as an opportunity to increase its name and brand recognition in the US; something that would be a strong positive should the rumored offering on Wall Street come to pass.

At this point, however, the company is poised to become a "case study" in how NOT to purchase US companies.

5 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tradewind Str egies, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Worldwide Income and see what came up. Haier bids for Maytag - Poor PR hurts its chances is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Worldwide Income. Getting late, have a good evening.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tradewind Str egies, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Worldwide Income will bring up. Haier bids for Maytag - Poor PR hurts its chances is certainly interesting and informative. Worldwide Income is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tradewind Str egies, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Permanent Income will bring up. Haier bids for Maytag - Poor PR hurts its chances is certainly interesting and informative. Permanent Income is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: internet marketing business opportunity affiliate program and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about learning disabilities.

I hope you check it out.

http://motiv84u.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home